The new future prospects toward digital identification
Over the coming years, Denmark's digital infrastructure will be rebuilt.
With MitID, users will be offered the same functionality NemID delivers today - with additional ease of use, flexibility and future-proofing. The main differences are located within underlying subsystems.
The future infrastructure
Will change a number of technical parameters:
- MitID becomes a common, national identity and authentication solution, consisting of an identity core supporting authentication and lifecycle management for digital personalities. Through so-called identity brokers, the core can be used by public actors, financial institutions and other private service providers
- MitID personal identities are no longer necessarily certificate-based (PKI)
- External partners, identity brokers, will be enabled to certify and provide their own client solutions with end-user authentication
Gets a more flexible composition:
- By adhering to recognized standards and interfaces it will ensure favorable connections between infrastructural components
- Continuous adaptation toward emergent needs and new technological opportunities will be prioritized highly
- Document and transaction signing are handled by the individual parties within the MitID coalition
Focus on good user experience - also in the long term:
- The platforms will continuously be customized toward user needs. Exactly how is not yet determined, but initially, both a mobile and a physical replacement of the NemID key card may take place
- New options toward accommodating special needs, e.g. users with disabilities or users who need to authenticate themselves several times a day
- Differentiated levels of security will ensure easier access to non-sensitive data.
Read more about the future digital infrastructure